The tale of two hammers...

Monday, July 11, 2005

Philosophizing with a Hammer

I felt like sharing some of my thoughts in two short poems. I am growing beyond my former self gaining new wisdom from this multifaceted journey of my body, mind and soul... loving every minute of it

Reflection Through Introspection
Learning to fly


New capillaries like rivers,
flow through my body.
Bring oxygen for new demands.
My muscles are pulling me,
like rubber bands.
Almost ready to snap
as I stretch myself, my soul
bending the envelope,
filling these holes.
Pulling my tendons to a new extreme
Redefining,
this new human, being.

My spirit is soaring,
I'm way up here now.
I recognize the past,
this shallow existence,
I hope will not last.

My laden history is past tense,
Stress no longer my friend of time mispent.
My heart has been freed,
I am allowed once again to be me.


Herd Animals

People fighting for scraps,
Sheepishly falling into the traps.

2 kilos of love in my brain,
fill my spirit with renewed faith.
2 kilos of fear ingrained,
driving others with corporate haste.

Humanity in all of it's childish greed
always wanting to fill the need.
Will we learn from history ever,
or will it be to late and never.
Will we always succumb to the Joneses,
or will we let this ego mind own us.

Can we press rewind, and live without temptation
or continue to fastfoward and fall into degradation.
What kind of legacy our we leaving for our future generations
I'm not sure but will the ever forgive us?




Yeah I read Catcher in the Rye recently... so shoot me haha. Beleive it or not, I am an optimist.
Stev-0

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee Wagemans said...

nice poems I like them!!!

July 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home